Virgin Coconut Oil has been well-known as one of the wonder foods that will give you almost everything, from hair and skin care, to an herbal medicine to fight against bacteria, fungi, and viruses. This healthy oil isn’t just about strict benefits on the body but will also punch a great taste for you. Check our 1st recipe pick that we would definitely want you guys to try.
Lemon Coconut Crumb Bars
This tasty and gooey citrus curd with crumbly coco toppings will give you a strong definition of delicious. It is easy to do and you don’t need a lot just to make this amazing delicacy – Great on Sunday picnics and snacks.
• 1 1/2 cups Whole Wheat flour
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/2 cup coconut oil, at room temperature
• 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
• 1/4 cup granulated sugar
• 1 large egg
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
• 3/4 cup flaked coconut, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
• 3/4 cup lemon curd
The measurement above can vary depending on your taste preference.
• First of all, you just need to preheat your over to 170 degrees C. Once that’s done, grease an 8 or 10-inch square baking dish using cooking spray and set it aside for now.
• Find a bowl where you can comfortable whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder. Make sure it is well mixed and simply set it aside for now.
• Now, you just have to mix the cream virgin coconut oil and sugar. Continue doing so until it becomes really light and make sure it will have a fluffy texture; this can be done about 3 minutes using a stand mixer. Now add the vanilla extract and coconut extract, along with the egg. Continue to mix at a low speed. Carefully add the flour mixture that was done earlier, mix everything up until it sets even. This should result to a crumbly kind of dough, then add the 3/4 cup flaked coconut.
• Once that’s done, stir the lemon curd to loosen it. Press the dough into your baking dish that was already greased earlier. Then spread the lemon curd on the dough and sprinkle some of the remaining dough (if ever there still is) over the top. Press softly, then place additional coconut flakes.
• Bake it for around 25 minutes give or take till you see that the top is golden brown. When it’s done, simply cut it into squares or on your own preference.